Recipe by Ceezie
Tart apples and a lemony batter add a tasty tang to these fun fall treats. These are great for a snack or dessert.
- 2 tart apples (Johathan or Granny Smith)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Core apples and cut each apple crosswise into 6 slices. Set slices aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, 1 tbsp powdered sugar, lemon peel and baking powder. In a medium bowl use a wire whisk or rotary beater to beat egg, milk and oil until combined. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; beat till smooth. Using a fork dip apple rings into batter; draining off excess batter.
- Fry 2-3 fritters at a time in a deep hot fat (365 degrees) for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown, turning once with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Sprinkle fritters with powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks. To serve, thread fritter onto cinnamon sticks.