Recipe by Queen Shay
Top Review by HokiesMom
These were good but I had a problem with keeping enough batter on the apples. It is probably because this is my first attempt at fritters. I would recommend a softer variety apple too as when I tried it with a few granny smiths the apple just was not cooked well. Made for 'Zaar Alphabet Chef Tag Game 2008
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 pound)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 4 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart heavy pot until the thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Dip apple slices in batter, shaking off excess, and fry, about 8 at a time, until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer fritters with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm, dusted with confectioners' sugar.