Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Apple Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart heavy pot until the thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Dip apple slices in batter, shaking off excess, and fry, about 8 at a time, until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer fritters with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm, dusted with confectioners' sugar.
These were good but I had a problem with keeping enough batter on the apples. It is probably because this is my first attempt at fritters. I would recommend a softer variety apple too as when I tried it with a few granny smiths the apple just was not cooked well. Made for 'Zaar Alphabet Chef Tag Game 2008