Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home. Scrumptious!
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 5 large tart apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat egg, milk and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Mix together sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir into egg mixture until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/2-inch rings.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 1/2 cups oil to 375°.
- Dip apple rings into batter; fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot fritters.
- Serve warm.
GREAT!! We added some cinnamon, and a little more sugar to the batter...also I chopped up the apples (I used 3) and I dropped 1 Tbsp. into the hot oil. KIDS LOVED THEM!!! HUBBY LOVED THEM! Will make again!