Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're tired of eating the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see recipezaar.com/321840)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 oil & 1/2 applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (large size)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 granny smith apples, diced
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- To the batter add the apples, eggs, baking powder, oil, baking soda, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, and nuts (optional).
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
Wonderful flavor. Everyone loved it! I used the 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce.