1/2 Photos of Apple French Toast Casserole
Terri F.'s Note:
Here's another make-it-the-night-before breakfast casserole. You don't need syrup with this one. Prep time does not include refrigerating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large skillet and add apples.
- 2Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 3Add brown sugar, water, and cinnamon and continue to cook and stir for 10 minutes until apples are tender.
- 4Spoon mixture into 13x9 baking dish.
- 5Cover apples with bread slices, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- 6Trim the bread to fit if you must.
- 7Beat eggs until foamy, then beat in milk and vanilla.
- 8Pour egg mixture over the bread slices.
- 9Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 10In the morning, remove the dish from the refrigerator and let it stand while oven is preheated to 375 F.
- 11Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until bread is golden and firm.
- 12Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- 13To serve on a platter, run a knife around the edges of the casserole, place platter on top of casserole, and carefully flip.
- 14To serve individually, use a spatula to remove serving, place serving plate on top of serving and carefully flip so apple side is up.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 227.2 mg
- Sodium 457.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g