1 hr 30 mins
Wonderful "company" dish - very impressive. I got this from my executive chef several years ago. He was very talented and I love this dish, especially in the summer time. You need to marinate the chicken for six hours, so make sure you start a day ahead. Serve this with your favorite chardonney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 fuji apples, peeled,cored,sliced,grilled and chopped
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons pineapple sage or 2 tablespoons regular sage, chiffonade
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, w/skin,pounded into 6 x 5 inch rectangles
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup brown chicken stock
- 1/2 lb thick slab bacon, cut into 1/4 " pieces,cooked until crisp and golden
- 1 red onion, sliced & grilled
- 1 lb assorted green beans, blanched
- 2 heads frisee
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Combine the apples, cheese and sage.
- 4Lay the chicken breast on a work surface, skin side down.
- 5Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Put about 1/4 c.
- 7apple mixture on the chicken, fold lengthwise and seal with a skewer.
- 8Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- 9Reserve any excess stuffing.
- 10In a shallow dish combine the olive oil and herbs.
- 11Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- 12Marinate, covered in the refrigerator, for 4- 6 hours.
- 13For the vinegarette: whisk all ingredients except oils.
- 14Slowly add oils, whisking until emulsified.
- 15Season to taste with s& p.
- 16In a large saute pan heat 1 tbl.
- 18Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 19Brown the chicken on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- 20Transfer to a roasting pan and bake until just done, 10- 12 minutes.
- 21Meanwhile, discard the fat from the saute pan and add the stock.
- 22Bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up any brown bits.
- 23Add the bacon, red onion, beans and s&p to taste.
- 24Transfer to a large bowl.
- 25In a seperate bowl, toss the frisee, toasted walnuts, vinaigrette.
- 26Toss into the bean mixture with the reserved stuffing.
- 27Divide between 6 plates.
- 28Remove the skewers from the chicken breasts and cut each breast in half on the bias.
- 29Arrange ontop of the frissee mixture and garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Fontina Stuffed Chicken with Walnuts, Bacon and Frisee
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.2
- Calories from Fat 674
- Total Fat 74.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 630.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar