Recipe by iewe
A Pillsbury recipe I can't wait to try out this fall. Time listed does not include cooling time.
Top Review by Nasseh
I made these using an extra apple in the filling. I also only cut each crust into halves before filling them. Very easy & tasty. I only wished I had some whipped cream to go on top. Made for ZWT6 - No-Nonsense Nibblers
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -3 teaspoons apple cider or 2 -3 teaspoons apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In small bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- In medium bowl, stir together apples, flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Unroll crusts on work surface. Cut each crust into quarters. Place about 1/4 cup apple mixture on one half of each pie crust wedge. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Fold untopped half over filled half (foldovers will be full). Press edges with fork to seal. Prick top with fork. Place on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
- While foldovers are baking, in small bowl, stir together glaze ingredients until smooth. Cool foldovers about 10 minutes, then drizzle glaze over. Then let cool completely.