Think of an apple pie in the apple with a crust of your favorite sugar cookie or sweet pie dough. They will be a great end to a dinner party or just for you. I have made the recipe for 1 apple, you can scale it to the number you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Slice off top 1/4 to 1/3rd of the apple.
- 3With small sharp knife or melon baller, carve out the apple leaving about a 1/4 inch or more shell. Be sure it is still strong enough to stand.
- 4Dice the apple top and insides (of course you remove the seeds and stem).
- 5Mix the diced apple, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 6Roll out your dough to about 1/4 inch.
- 7Use a flower or round cookie cutter and cut a top for each apple. Use a straw to make 3 or 5 holes in the center (so it looks like a flower).
- 8Fill apple with mix and top with flower.
- 9There will be extra mix - if you are doing a bunch you can make a little pie or place in a ramekins and top with the flowers.
- 10Brush tops with water, milk or butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 11Place on a sheet and bake in oven for about 40 minutes. Top should be golden and apple soft.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g