1/11 Photos of Apple Filling for Pies
After just making this again I think some may find the filling too thick so I am changing the instructions to say 2-4 tablespoons of cornstarch. We like our apples diced so it takes 3-4 large apples to achieve 4 cups. I also used the micro.this time stirring every couple minutes. No chance of burning on the bottom that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups diced apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, depending on sweetness of apples, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, to your taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to your taste
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup water, if you don't have juice, try to have juice, it adds to the flavor
- 1Sprinkle lemon juice over apples in saucepan.
- 2Mix next four ingredients together and add to apples.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add very hot juice to pan, (I microwave juice for 2 minutes) cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Fill a well chilled 9 inch pastry lined pan and cover with top crust.
- 7Bake on lowest rack at 425* for 10 minutes, and finish baking on center rack until bubbling, about 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filling for Pies
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g