1/11 Photos of Apple Filling for Pies
After just making this again I think some may find the filling too thick so I am changing the instructions to say 2-4 tablespoons of cornstarch. We like our apples diced so it takes 3-4 large apples to achieve 4 cups. I also used the micro.this time stirring every couple minutes. No chance of burning on the bottom that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups diced apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, depending on sweetness of apples, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, to your taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to your taste
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup water, if you don't have juice, try to have juice, it adds to the flavor
- 1Sprinkle lemon juice over apples in saucepan.
- 2Mix next four ingredients together and add to apples.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add very hot juice to pan, (I microwave juice for 2 minutes) cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Fill a well chilled 9 inch pastry lined pan and cover with top crust.
- 7Bake on lowest rack at 425* for 10 minutes, and finish baking on center rack until bubbling, about 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filling for Pies
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g