Cook1 hr 10 mins
Twice baked sweet potatoes, subtly flavored with orange peel and nutmeg. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Make and share this Apple Filled Sweet Potato recipe from Food.com.
- heat oven to 375*F.
- prick sweet potatoes with a fork to allow steam to escape. bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- cut thin lenghwise slice from top of each sweet potato; scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell. set shells aside.
- in large mixer bowl place hot sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients, except apple, chopped pecan and pecan halves.
- beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- by hand, stir in apple and chopped pecans.
- place shells on a 15x10x1" baking pan. fill shells with sweet potato mixture.
- if desired, garnish each potato with pecan halves.
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Tip: if desired do not stuff shells. spoon hot sweet potato mixture into serving bowl. if desired toast pecan halves and use to garnish sweet potato mixture.