1/1 Photo of Apple Filled Sweet Potato
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Twice baked sweet potatoes, subtly flavored with orange peel and nutmeg. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oven to 375*F.
- 2prick sweet potatoes with a fork to allow steam to escape. bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- 3cut thin lenghwise slice from top of each sweet potato; scoop out inside, leaving a thin shell. set shells aside.
- 4in large mixer bowl place hot sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients, except apple, chopped pecan and pecan halves.
- 5beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- 6by hand, stir in apple and chopped pecans.
- 7place shells on a 15x10x1" baking pan. fill shells with sweet potato mixture.
- 8if desired, garnish each potato with pecan halves.
- 9bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 10Tip: if desired do not stuff shells. spoon hot sweet potato mixture into serving bowl. if desired toast pecan halves and use to garnish sweet potato mixture.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filled Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 252.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g