1/2 Photos of Apple Filled Crepes
Kim A. Heaphy's Note:
Here is a recipe that can be served as desert or can be served as breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. There is nothing like the aroma of apples cooked with a hint of cinnamon and a little nutmeg. Use Granny Smith apples for a tart filling or MacIntosh or Cortland for a not-so-tart treat. You can have it plain or you add cranberries (or use dried cranberries plumped up in warm water for 20 minutes). Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with a drizzle of real maple syrup for a tasty treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, beat the 2 tablespoons of melted butter, milk, flour, salt and eggs together until smooth. Set aside for at least 1/2 hour, preferrably 2 hours to allow flour to absorb milk and thicken up.
- 2Meanwhile, core, peel and slice apples. Place the second amount of butter into a pan along with the remaining ingredients. Saute un medium low heat until soft and slightly brown. Set aside and keep warm on minimum heat.
- 3Preheat a crepe pan or non-stick pan on medium heat. Brush butter on the bottom of the pan. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into crepe pan and tip pan to coat bottom. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the top is set and the bottom is slightly brown. Gently flip crepe and let cook for another 30 seconds and slide out onto a wax paper. Continue until all batter is used.
- 4Place crepe on working surface, add a two or three tablespoons of apple filling. Roll 1/2 way and tuck in ends. Finish rolling and set aside.
- 5Serve warm and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar if desired or vanilla ice cream if serving for desert!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filled Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g