Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend fresh from culinary school put a twist on boring crepes. Great for a dessert or a special breakfast.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash lemon juice
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Beat together all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour thin layer into a pan (depending on pan size), swirl around, cook on medium heat until firm enough to flip.
- Try not to brown.
- You may have to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe, make a couple if they seem too thick thin out the batter with more milk.
- Apple Filling:.
- Toss apples with other ingredients, Let sit for 15 minutes, a caramel syrup should form around the apples.
- Pour apple mixture on crepes.
- Cream Cheese Topping:.
- Beat all ingredients together, pipe or spread over apple-filled crepes.