1/1 Photo of Apple Filled Coffee Braid
This is an easy yeast coffee braid. Takes a little time as the dough has to chill overnight, but it has great versatility. Makes 3 braids, so you can make all apple or make 3 different flavors easily! After shaping, the dough may be refrigerated for baking another day. Cooking time includes chill and rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- 2Add butter, sugar, eggs and salt; beating well.
- 3Stir in the flour and knead until a smooth, satiny dough is formed.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Cut dough into 3rds.
- 6Roll each portion out to form a 10x12 sheet.
- 7Divide sheet of dough into 3 equal strips (each will be about 3 inches wide).
- 8Spoon about 2 tbsp apple filling down the length of each strip.
- 9Fold dough over filling to seal filling inside.
- 10Braid the 3 strips together to make one loaf.
- 11Repeat for remaining 2 portions of dough.
- 12Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 13Cover and let rise about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until puffy and almost doubled.
- 14Mix egg and milk.
- 15Brush mixture over loaves.
- 16Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filled Coffee Braid
Serving Size: 1 (1696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1397.7
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 366.1 mg
- Sodium 1154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g