1/1 Photo of Apple Filled Coffee Braid
This is an easy yeast coffee braid. Takes a little time as the dough has to chill overnight, but it has great versatility. Makes 3 braids, so you can make all apple or make 3 different flavors easily! After shaping, the dough may be refrigerated for baking another day. Cooking time includes chill and rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- 2Add butter, sugar, eggs and salt; beating well.
- 3Stir in the flour and knead until a smooth, satiny dough is formed.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Cut dough into 3rds.
- 6Roll each portion out to form a 10x12 sheet.
- 7Divide sheet of dough into 3 equal strips (each will be about 3 inches wide).
- 8Spoon about 2 tbsp apple filling down the length of each strip.
- 9Fold dough over filling to seal filling inside.
- 10Braid the 3 strips together to make one loaf.
- 11Repeat for remaining 2 portions of dough.
- 12Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 13Cover and let rise about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until puffy and almost doubled.
- 14Mix egg and milk.
- 15Brush mixture over loaves.
- 16Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Filled Coffee Braid
Serving Size: 1 (1696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1397.7
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 366.1 mg
- Sodium 1154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g