Recipe by Tonkcats
Baked acorn squash filled with an apple and walnut filling
Top Review by Bergy
Great recipe, very tasty with that touch of orange. I put Craisens in with it and then when I was checking your recipes I saw you had an apple/cranberry recipe. Thanks Tonkcats! -------------------- I used your recipe again only this time I made it with Summer Squash. I peeled and cut up the squash baked it covered for 15 min. Mixed in all the other ingredient and baked for 25 min. Delicious. Oh I used lemon peel instead of Orange and added the craisens. MMmmmm
- 3 acorn squash
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE all ingredients except for squash.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- Place cut side down in baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix the other ingredients.
- Turn squash cut side up, fill with apple mix and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.