Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from local store
Make and share this Apple Fennel Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fennel, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons plain nonfat yogurt (optional)
- In a large pot, combine broth, water, wine, apples, carrots, onion, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Strain soup, reserving liquid.
- Remove bay leaf from apple-vegetable mixture in strainer.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture; add reserved liquid and blend well.
- Reheat soup, if necessary; ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
This was a delightful soup with a very light flavor. Easy to make. I would maybe like a little more sweetness.