Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can serve this salad on its own along side fresh baguette bread and butter as a delicious summer lunch.
- 141.74 g fresh spinach
- 1 head fennel, sliced (small)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml honey
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml grated onion
- 9.85-14.78 ml celery seeds
- Thoroughly wash spinach and remove any fibrous stems; dry and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add sliced fennel, apples and red onions.
- Honey Celery Seed Dressing:.
- In a seperate mixing bowl mix mustard, salt, and paprkia; add in honey and blend well.
- Add oil and vinegar a little at a time, alternating, whisking briskly between each addition.
- Add grated onion and celery seed; makes about 1 2/3 cups of dressing.
- Mix in the Honey Celery Seed Dressing with salad.
- Serve with fresh baked baguette bread and garnished with chopped fennel tops. Enjoy!
My family LOVES fennel so I thought we should give this one a go. IT WAS GREAT!!! A family fave now. Danielle Rigby - Australia