Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can serve this salad on its own along side fresh baguette bread and butter as a delicious summer lunch.
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 head fennel, sliced (small)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons celery seeds
- Thoroughly wash spinach and remove any fibrous stems; dry and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add sliced fennel, apples and red onions.
- Honey Celery Seed Dressing:.
- In a seperate mixing bowl mix mustard, salt, and paprkia; add in honey and blend well.
- Add oil and vinegar a little at a time, alternating, whisking briskly between each addition.
- Add grated onion and celery seed; makes about 1 2/3 cups of dressing.
- Mix in the Honey Celery Seed Dressing with salad.
- Serve with fresh baked baguette bread and garnished with chopped fennel tops. Enjoy!
My family LOVES fennel so I thought we should give this one a go. IT WAS GREAT!!! A family fave now. Danielle Rigby - Australia