Recipe by MsKittyKat
The family's favorite salad.
Top Review by woodland hues
This salad is soooo tasty and refreshing. It has wonderful textures and is so satisfying. I'm crazy about it. Have served it with salmon (recipe #352816) and that was one memorable meal! I love, love, love everything about this salad. Thank you, MsKittyKat.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large Belgian endive
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make vinaigrette:.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, and sugar.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified.
- Stir in shallot, salt and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add walnuts and sugar.
- Cook walnuts, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes, and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut endives lengthwise into julienne strips.
- Halve and core apples and cut into julienne strips.
- In a large bowl combine endives, apples, walnuts, Stilton, tarragon, and vinaigrette, tossing gently, and season with salt and white pepper.