The family's favorite salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Make vinaigrette:.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, and sugar.
- 3Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified.
- 4Stir in shallot, salt and black pepper.
- 5In a small saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add walnuts and sugar.
- 6Cook walnuts, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes, and transfer to a bowl.
- 7Cut endives lengthwise into julienne strips.
- 8Halve and core apples and cut into julienne strips.
- 9In a large bowl combine endives, apples, walnuts, Stilton, tarragon, and vinaigrette, tossing gently, and season with salt and white pepper.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Endive and Stilton Salad
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.9
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 375.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar