Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The family's favorite salad.
Make and share this Apple, Endive and Stilton Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large Belgian endive
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- Make vinaigrette:.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, and sugar.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified.
- Stir in shallot, salt and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add walnuts and sugar.
- Cook walnuts, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes, and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut endives lengthwise into julienne strips.
- Halve and core apples and cut into julienne strips.
- In a large bowl combine endives, apples, walnuts, Stilton, tarragon, and vinaigrette, tossing gently, and season with salt and white pepper.