Sassy in da South's Note:
This is sooooo yummy! Great for breakfast or as a scrumptious dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 apples, Golden Delicious, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 small lemon (juice of lemon should equate to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, scant
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 egg roll wraps
- melted butter (enought to brush the tops of the enchiladas)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Vanilla Sauce
- 1Toss apple slices with lemon juice. In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat; add sliced apples.
- 2Sprinkle with the brown sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3Cook, stirring, until apples are tender.
- 4Mix cornstarch with a few teaspoons of cold water then mix into apples.
- 5Continue cooking for a minute or two.
- 6Spray with nonstick butter flavored cooking spray or butter a 11x7-inch baking dish. On a large plate, lay out egg roll wrapper.
- 7Spoon a little of the apple mixture down the center.
- 8Brush ends lightly with butter then fold ends over each other, forming a roll.
- 9Lift and quickly move to the baking dish, placing each roll seam-side down. repeat with remaining 7 egg roll wrappers.
- 10Remaining apple mixture will be baked around the egg rolls, so there is no need to over-fill them.
- 11Brush tops of the filled wrappers with melted butter.
- 12Spoon remaining apples all around the edge of the rolls.
- 13Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- 14Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 15Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- 16In saucepan, mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend in cold water.
- 17Bring to a simmer and simmer until clear and thickened, about 8 minutes.
- 18Blend in butter and vanilla.
- 19Spoon the spiced vanilla sauce over the filled apple rolls in the pan and serve remaining sauce at the table.
- 20Serve "enchiladas" warm, with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Enchiladas With Cinnamon Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 250.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g