Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Similar to a to-die-for dessert served at a local restaurant.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds. This will make them easier to fold without cracking.
- Spoon fruit evenly onto the center of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8x8 baking dish. I prefer to roll them (which is how the restaurant serves them) as opposed to making a square pocket. Makes for a nicer presentation.
- Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Optional: Top with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
This is SO delicious. Our local restaurant, Cantina Laredo, serves this and calls is Mexican Apple Pie. People go there just for this. I always serve this with homemade cinnamon ice cream from this site. It is fabulous and always gets rave reviews! Be sure to use flour tortillas that are not real thick. I used some thick ones one time and they were a little tough to cut with a fork. Bueno Appetito!