Recipe by dojemi
Similar to a to-die-for dessert served at a local restaurant.
Top Review by Felina
This is SO delicious. Our local restaurant, Cantina Laredo, serves this and calls is Mexican Apple Pie. People go there just for this. I always serve this with homemade cinnamon ice cream from this site. It is fabulous and always gets rave reviews! Be sure to use flour tortillas that are not real thick. I used some thick ones one time and they were a little tough to cut with a fork. Bueno Appetito!
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds. This will make them easier to fold without cracking.
- Spoon fruit evenly onto the center of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8x8 baking dish. I prefer to roll them (which is how the restaurant serves them) as opposed to making a square pocket. Makes for a nicer presentation.
- Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over tortillas and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Optional: Top with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!