Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
are you diabetic or on a diet? never fear! you can still indulge in Apple Dumplings with this recipe
- 1 basic pie shell, unbaked
- 4 apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons granular fructose
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly
- Roll out pie dough and cut into four equal pieces.
- Peel and core apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place an apple in the centre of each piece of dough.
- Combine sugar replacement and cinnamon in a bowl, sprinkling evenly into apple cavities.
- Top each apple with one tsp margarine.
- Bring opposite ends of dough up over apple.
- Moisten slightly with water and seal securely.
- Brush dough with beaten egg white and place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 425F 35-45 mins or til pastry is golden brown.