Recipe by Pilialo
This is a scrumptious dumpling recipe given to me by my friend Pat. I admit the can of Sprite sounds like a weird addition to the recipe, but trust me--it works!! Yummy as a desert or breakfast!
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 4 pieces each
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can Sprite or 1 (10 ounce) can 7-Up soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll apples in sugar-cinnamon mixture and then wrap each piece in individual rolls. Melt margarine in 9 X 13 pan and dip dumplings in, being sure to coat all sides. lay them out, side by side in the pan as you coat them with the margarine. Sprinkle any remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture over top of dumplings.
- and pour Sprite over that. Bake for 15 minutes at 400; then reduce temp to 350 and continue cooking until apples are done - about 45 minutes.
- Allow at least 15 minutes to cool. As it cools, the liquid will thicken.
- Makes 16 dumplings.