Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups flour, Sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk, cold
- 6 medium apples, pared & cored
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Cut in shortening, add milk, and mix to a smooth dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and divide into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion large enough to cover 1 apple.
- Place an apple on each piece of pastry.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Spoon some of this mixture into each core cavity.
- Moisten edges of pastry and bring up over the apple; seal edges.
- Place on greased baking sheet or in shallow pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes, or until apples are tender and pastry is lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet.
- Serve warm with milk or cream.