Recipe by TwinTwo821
A co-worker brought this pastry recipe to work one morning during the holidays. It just melts in your mouth and the flavors are so wonderful. If she hadn't given me a copy of the recipe, I never would have guessed you use Mountain Dew. This will quickly become one of your favorites! February 2004, I just wanted to update this recipe. I've been using Splenda and Diet Sierra Mist in place of sugar and Mountain Dew. It still tastes the same.
Top Review by alostertag
Amazing recipe, I made it once following the recipe and it was good. Then a made them again with the apples tossed in cinnamon and sugar and also baked for 10 min before the sauce was pored on and they turned out so much better.
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces Mountain Dew soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples into 16 slices.
- Roll 1 apple slice into each crescent roll and place into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan (do not caramelize)!
- Just enough heat to melt the sugar.
- Pour over rolls, sprinkle with cinnamon; then pour Mountain Dew over the top of rolls.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Then cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!