Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Nichols-Tioga Community Cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Elaine Brown. Evaporated milk can be used in place of the light cream.
- Mix flour, crisco, sugar and salt. Add egg, vinegar and water.
- Peel and core as many apples as you need.
- Roll out dough and cut into squares large enough to cover the apple. Place whole apple in center of square and in the center hole of the apple sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cinnamon to your taste and 1/8 inch pat of butter on each apple. Fold up and seams.
- Place on cookie sheet (with foil, to protect cookie sheet from boil overs).
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- After baking place dumpling in bowl and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Boil all over low to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla. Pour hot sauce over dumplings and ice cream and serve.