Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Libby's old newspaper clipping recipe a pin wheel breakfast item
Make and share this Apple Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Cut lard in until small crumbs; add milk to make a biscuit-like dough.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to 1/4" thick.
- Spread dough with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with chopped apples, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll and cut into 1 1/2" thick slices like you would for cinnamon rolls; place in greased baking pan.( i used 8 inch cake pan and it overflowed).
- Combine sauce ingredients together and bring to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour over the dumplings.
- 20 to 30 minutes depending on pan make sure you put cookie sheet or foil underneath so you dont have to clean oven .