Recipe by MRS.Wiggy
This is a easy and sure to get attention recipe. Every time I make this I take cards with the recipe due to all the request.
Top Review by mmfoster9
I actually got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website and was just looking to see if it was on Recipezaar. When I first found this with Mtn. Dew I thought it is either the weirdest recipe or wonderful...it was more than wonderful. Everyone who has had it loves it and they are all astounded to hear about the Mtn. Dew. I went out and bought the small cans (8oz) to have on hand and that amount works fine. My grand-kids love this one and the four year old is very proud because she can do so much of it "by meself". Great recipe!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 2 (10 count) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a baking dish with Pam ( my dish is a 10 1/2 X 14 1/2).
- Peel and slice or chunk your apples and then wrap in the crescent roll.
- When I do this I wrap them like a diaper and then line them up in your pan.
- In a sauce pan melt your butter,then add your sugar and cinamon and cook until it is bubbling constantly stirring.
- You then pour this over the top of your dumplings.
- At this point you take the mountain dew and pour along the outer edges and in between the dumplings, being sure not to pour over the tops.
- Bake 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.
- This is wonderful also made with pears or peaches.
- Optional, serve with ice cream.