Old Southern favorite
Make and share this Apple Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Make your pie crust as you normally do and divide evenly for the amount of apples you have (6 for 6 apples, 8 for 8 apples etc.).
- mix the dry ingredients.
- Roll out pastry (the size of a small egg) into a circle big enough to"cover" the whole apple.
- Place an apple in center of each circle of dough and fill hole where core was with a pat of butter, some of the dry mix and top with another pat of butter.
- "fold"dough up and encase apple with dough sealing at the top.
- They will look like a"purse" sort of.
- Bake 350F degrees until dough is golden brown and apple is tender.
Very nice! I love apple dumplings and this was a great recipe, just like my grandmother made them. Followed the recipe exactly and was really happy with them. Thank you!
My Grandmother has been making these since I was little. They are sooooo divine. She always drizzles a sauce over them just before we are ready to eat them. She boils down brown sugar and butter and adds a dash of almond flavouring which goes wonderfully with the apples. Thanks for posting such a delicious favorite!!!! Sybil