Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy to make and they do not take alot of time. Something to do with the kids on a crisp fall day.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles.
- Roll up one apple wedge, pinch edges to seal.
- Place in a greased 8 in square baking pan.
- In a small saucepan,bring sugar,orange juice and butter to a boil.
- Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float).
- Top with the Apple Pie Spice.
- Bake at 350.
I have to confess. I, myself, did not make this. I let my dh do it! He let me taste and rave over it before he told me we'd had no more orange juice. He (what was he thinking?!) substituted TANG for the orange juice, but it still turned out pretty good! LOL Next time, I'LL make it and use real orange juice. I'll bet it's even better!
My husband made this, he used half brown sugar and half Spenda. It was quick, easy and yummy!
From: GrandmaJuie I have tried this recipe but instead of the OJ and sugar, I substituted Diet Mountain Dew and Splenda. It is delicious, I am diabetic and this works better for me.