Recipe by bmcnichol
The recipe may sound a bit odd but it is a family favorite. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by 924895
This was so tasty, and easy to make. After reading the reviews, I added a little extra soda, but don't know if I really needed to. I substituted Sierra Mist for Mountain Dew because I didn't have any in the house, but it still came out very good. Served it warm with whipped cream and the bowls were licked clean!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup Mountain Dew soda
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate crescent rolls into 16 triangles.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges.
- Wrap a triangle around each apple wedge.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and butter and sprinkle over rolls.
- Slowly pour the soda around the rolls (do not stir).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.