Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
No need for frosting on this easy to make cake. Peach pie filling can be substituted for apple.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- Combine the flour, sugar, eggs, oil, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Mix together 3 minutes.
- Fold in pie filling.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9"x13" cake pan. Spread batter in bottom of pan.
- Preheat oven to 325. Bake approximately 30-40 minutes. Cake is done when the top springs back when touched or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- Can be served plain or with whipped cream.
The cake itself was good here, but didn't care for the pie-filling in it. It seemed like the apples were too mushy. Maybe next time I'll make my own pie-filling with more tart/crunchy apples. Very easy to make. I made this on Panic when I realizes my peaches were bad and had nothing else to make for company. Thanks for the save.