Recipe by ~ Alison ~
Holiday cookies that are apple and cinnamon flavored. The recipe came from a Taste of Home book and made 4 dozen--2 dozen of which I have eaten in the last hour. This definitely has a lot of cinnamon. If you do not like cinnamon, I would skimp on the amount. Mine only took 11 minutes to cook.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
these are pretty good, but, i tasted no cinnamon even with the huge amount the recipe called for. maybe i'll try adding more next time, but, this makes me feel like the cookie is a little healthier than a typical overly sweet one
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the apple and walnuts if desired.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire wracks to cool.