Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I use this when I have to many apples hanging on the trees, and have enough applesauce to keep us happy and full until 2011. Very easy, every delicious, and oh so easy. Just enjoy the delicate taste of the fresh apple, cinnamon, sugar, and maple syrup. Top with your favorite ice cream, I use butter pecan, well...just cause I love that ice cream! Enjoy!
- 3 cups peeled sliced apples (Fuji, Golden Delicious, or Rome)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (real if you have your hands on some)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples.
- Put slices in a microwave safe bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon.
- Microwave 4 minutes, checking apples for doneness. If not done, give them about 20 seconds more until done.
- Stir apples and sugar/cinnamon after removing to cover apples with sugar mixture.
- Add maple syrup and ice cream.