Recipe by Leona
When I found out I was diabetic I started the struggle of finding desserts that are good for me but don't make me feel deprived! This is a good one. It actually ALMOST tastes like apple pie! Give it a try. Let me know if you have any ideas to make it even better!
- 2 piece melba toast
- 1 apple (I use fuji apples, use your favorite)
- 1 g packet sugar substitute
- 22.18 ml milk (whole, half, or skim)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (if used only use 1/2 packet of sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 scoop sugar-free vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Start out with a oven safe bowl or dish.
- Layer ingredients as follows: melba toast, apple, sugar substitute, cinnamon (optional).
- Sprinkle milk evenly over dish.
- Place in oven for approx 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and serve!
- Add a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream for a special treat!