Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I found out I was diabetic I started the struggle of finding desserts that are good for me but don't make me feel deprived! This is a good one. It actually ALMOST tastes like apple pie! Give it a try. Let me know if you have any ideas to make it even better!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Start out with a oven safe bowl or dish.
- Layer ingredients as follows: melba toast, apple, sugar substitute, cinnamon (optional).
- Sprinkle milk evenly over dish.
- Place in oven for approx 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and serve!
- Add a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream for a special treat!
This is an absolutely terrible recipe. I have to think there is a printing error. [Editor's Note: recipe was updated as a result of this comment 3/22/03.]
Had a (MacIntosh) apple to use up and thought I'd try this. The flavor was actually quite pleasant. Not as good as old-fashioned apple pie, of course, but also not a bad dessert for someone on a restricted diet.