1/1 Photo of Apple Delight Canadian 1962
This recipe is my Grandma Andy's that was published in the Kraft Whats Cooking Magazine winter 2005. Hope you enjoy her recipe as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 apples, peeled sliced (5 cups)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds or 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sultana raisin (dried cranberries or cherries)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Toss prepared apples with 1/4 cup of the white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3Spread into a buttered 9 inch baking pan.
- 4Mix the flour, bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup white sugar, shredded cheese, almonds and raisins( or fruit of choice).
- 5Sprinkle mixture evenly over the apples.
- 6Bake 40 minutes or until golden and apples are tender.
- 7Serve warm with whipping cream, or ice cream.
- 8Apple recommended is Gala, Granny Smith, Ida Red,Pinks, or Spartan, an apple that holds its shape when cooked.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Delight Canadian 1962
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 357.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g