Recipe by Cookin'withGas
As a child I always loved when my grandmother made her date nut bread...This recipe comes a very close second in favorite recipes from Grammie...However, Grammie didn't know about the food pyramid or healthy eating...I've adapted many of her recipes to include healthier ingredients and this is one of them
Top Review by Glenna Parker
I loved the concept of these muffins,but I'm G F so I adapted the flours and wheat bran and used Betty Hagmans four bean flour mix for muffins and they turned out Great The flours are comp to regular flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml wheat bran
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml dates, chopped
- 59.14 ml egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 236.59 ml apple, peeled & grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a lg bowl combine the whole wheat and all purpose flours, bran, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in the dates.
- In another bowl, beat the egg substitute with sugar and oil until well mixed, then stir in the milk and apple.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into nonstick or paper-lined medium muffin tins, filling almost to the top.
- Bake in the preheated 375°F oven for about 20 minute or until firm to the touch.