- 8 cups tart apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups dates, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- to taste apple, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the apples and dates in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Ser ve warm.
- Garnish with apple slices if desired.
- Alan Hewitt The UK Recipe Archive recipes on-line in Mastercookand Mealmaster formats.
- To download go to - http://ukrecipes.co.uk/