Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is something a little different than the old standby dessert. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream a la mode!
- Combine the apples and dates in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts and then sprinkle over apples and dates.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 35 to 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
Mirjam, I loved this! It contained all my favorite foods. I enjoyed the addition of the nuts (I used chopped walnuts) and the dates to the apple crisp. Very simple to prepare with the use of a food processor to slice the apples. Excellent dessert. Thanks for this recipe!
Oh my gosh! We love apple crisp. I normally make a recipe with oatmeal in the crisp, but tried this today. This is absolutely delicious! I used chopped pecans. The combination of the sweet dates and the pecans is amazing and even more delicious than a traditional apple crisp. Thanks for sharing!