1 hr 15 mins
Shabby Sign Shoppe's Note:
Fall food Delight! Slight adaption from Christy Jordans recipe. (She uses margarine in the glaze 3/4 c - to my 1 cup butter)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups raw apples, peeled and chopped
- 1Mix oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 2Sift together flour, salt, soda. Add to first mixture.
- 3Fold in pecans and apples.
- 4Bake in greased tube pan (NOT BUNDT--too small) at 350 for 1 hour.
- 5Mixture will be tTHICK--No worries -- Apples have an amazing way of making it just right during the baking process.
- 6For the sauce, mix and cook ingredients 3 minutes after it begins to gently boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Poke cake with spoon while still in pan once baked.
- 8Pour sauce over hot cake while cake is still in pan.
- 9Let cake cool completely before removing. May Need a knife to loosen edges, it will eventually slide out.
- 10Once cooled and inverted onto cake plate, dust with powdered sugar if desired or leave as is.
- 11Best the next day after making!
- 12You may feel an urge to add cinnamon -- this cake does not need it!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Dapple Cake Christy Jordan Southern Plate
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.8
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 460.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 54.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g