Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fall food Delight! Slight adaption from Christy Jordans recipe. (She uses margarine in the glaze 3/4 c - to my 1 cup butter)
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda. Add to first mixture.
- Fold in pecans and apples.
- Bake in greased tube pan (NOT BUNDT--too small) at 350 for 1 hour.
- Mixture will be tTHICK--No worries -- Apples have an amazing way of making it just right during the baking process.
- For the sauce, mix and cook ingredients 3 minutes after it begins to gently boil, stirring constantly.
- Poke cake with spoon while still in pan once baked.
- Pour sauce over hot cake while cake is still in pan.
- Let cake cool completely before removing. May Need a knife to loosen edges, it will eventually slide out.
- Once cooled and inverted onto cake plate, dust with powdered sugar if desired or leave as is.
- Best the next day after making!
- You may feel an urge to add cinnamon -- this cake does not need it!