An apple lover's cake for sure!! Very moist with a carmel-like frosting. Great for serving guests and for family celebrations. This recipe has been used frequently by my relatives.
- Beat eggs and mix with sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add to egg mixture.
- Fold in apples and pecans. Pour into greased and floured tube cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- For Frosting: Bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Boil only 2 1/2 minutes. Cool and spread on cake.