Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An apple lover's cake for sure!! Very moist with a carmel-like frosting. Great for serving guests and for family celebrations. This recipe has been used frequently by my relatives.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 cups tart apples, chopped
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Beat eggs and mix with sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add to egg mixture.
- Fold in apples and pecans. Pour into greased and floured tube cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- For Frosting: Bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Boil only 2 1/2 minutes. Cool and spread on cake.
We loved this cake. It was so easy and looked so delectable. I think it would be good even without the frosting, but it's so yummy and just puts that finishing touch on the cake. I made exactly as written and I think I'll keep it that way.
This was quick and easy to make and smelled great whilst cooking. It will be terrific for the school lunches. i couldn't help myself and had mine with whipped cream !!!!
I added finely chopped nuts to the frosting for added delight! Everyone loved this cake and my DD requested that I make it for her birthday coming up in October. We can't wait to have it again! Thank you for sharing!