Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Source: Cooking for 2 - Prepared with an easy crescent roll crust and served in cute ramekins, these single-serving pies are fun to share with “that special someone.”
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups tart apples, chopped and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 (4 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% low-fat milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add apples and juice; toss to coat.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into four triangles.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll two triangles into 5-in. circles.
- Place each into an 8-oz. ramekin, pressing dough onto the bottom and 1/2 inches up the sides.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over dough in ramekins. Top with apple mixture.
- Roll out remaining crescent dough into 4-in. circles; place over filling.
- Cut slits in top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pies.
- Serve warm.