Recipe by alligirl
Easy enough, with the use of crescent roll dough. There is also a product called recipe creations, which doesn't have the scoring in the crescent rolls; that would make this even simpler. Taken from razzledazzlerecipes.com and posted for ZWT.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! This quick and easy danish was gone in a hurry at my house. I made as written, except I coarsely chopped my apple, and I used Golden Delicious apples instead of Granny Smith. I baked it for 28 minutes, covering it with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning. The maple on the outside was the perfect finishing touch. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
*Made for 2010 Football Pool*
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg mixing until smooth.
- Unroll 1 pkg. of crescent dough; do not separate.
- Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12" x 15" baking pan. Repeat with remaining pkg. of dough. Work dough to seal perforations. (or use recipe creations, which isn't scored).
- On longest side of baking pan, cut dough into strips 1-1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling).
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over middle of dough.
- Cut apple slices crosswise in half; evenly arrange apple slices over cream cheese mixture.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Scoop remaining cream cheese mixture over apples; sprinkle with pecans. To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn.
- Continue alternating strips to form a braid.
- Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven; brush with syrup using pastry brush. Cut & serve.