1/2 Photos of Apple Danish Braid
Easy enough, with the use of crescent roll dough. There is also a product called recipe creations, which doesn't have the scoring in the crescent rolls; that would make this even simpler. Taken from razzledazzlerecipes.com and posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg mixing until smooth.
- 3Unroll 1 pkg. of crescent dough; do not separate.
- 4Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12" x 15" baking pan. Repeat with remaining pkg. of dough. Work dough to seal perforations. (or use recipe creations, which isn't scored).
- 5On longest side of baking pan, cut dough into strips 1-1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling).
- 6Spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over middle of dough.
- 7Cut apple slices crosswise in half; evenly arrange apple slices over cream cheese mixture.
- 8Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 9Scoop remaining cream cheese mixture over apples; sprinkle with pecans. To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn.
- 10Continue alternating strips to form a braid.
- 11Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid.
- 12Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 13Remove from oven; brush with syrup using pastry brush. Cut & serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Danish Braid
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 201.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g