Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love custard anything. This pie is a simple beginners pie that turns out beautifully and taste divine. This is one of my first pies I made when I still lived at home. I hope you try it, it is a great pie.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup sliced apple
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Put apples in bottom of shell.
- Sprinkle 1 T. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over.
- Beat eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over apples in shell.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or longer until done.