Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
We love tuna melts and this one is very different. Love the combination of ingredients.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup diced apple
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 7 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Top with a slice of cheese.
- Place tuna melts on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches away from the heat until the cheese is melted.
Soup and toastie night for us, so I decided on making these tuna melts. The flavours work well together and the crunch of the walnuts gave them that something a little different. Very tasty. Thanks for posting.
Tuna melt, ho-hum, right? Wrong! This is one great sandwich. Don't skip the walnuts. They absolutely make the sandwich. Thank you, Nurse Di.
Excellent! This tuna melt has a unique flavour and is very tasty. I topped it with grated cheddar cheese as opposed to a slice and used regular mustard and it came out perfect! This truly one of the best tuna melt recipes I now have. Thanks!