Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love to make glazed chicken and this is yet another of my recipes for that. I really like the curry powder in this one, its not too overpowering and melds beautifully with the apple jelly.
- Heat grill.
- In small saucepan, combine apple jelly, curry powder, ginger and salt.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- When ready to grill, place chicken skin side down, on grill over low heat.
- Cook 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing frequently with glaze during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Discard any remaining glaze.
Both hubby and I enjoyed this delicious chicken, served with fried potatoes and onions, carrots and snowpeas. I love the curry flavour, the changes I made were to use fresh grated and diced ginger, and I added a little garlic to the glaze. Can you tell I love fresh ginger!!!! I baked the chicken in the oven for half an hour, then glazed it several times until it was cooked. I used all the glaze and DH and I were dipping our chicken in the drippings!! A very tasty recipe!