Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
A different chicken dish! I've also taken the 'crouton' mixture, and used it for stuffing a roasted bird--also excellent. Don't worry about being too exact with 3/4 and 1/8 teaspoons, I just throw it in by feel. also, curry powder, poultry seasoning, you get different brands and types in different countries, use a mild to medium curry powder, whatever you prefer. From "Cooking Class Cookbook"
Top Review by Rita~
For the croutons I used Recipe #387791 which had a nice amount of herbs. After reading the reviews I decided to place the Rough cut apple and onion in the food processor and pulse to small rough chop for quicker cooking. I did double the curry. This was delish! I loved spiciness and the sweetness a every so slight crunch. This is a must make for easiness and deliciousness. Thanks!
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, split (or use four de-boned fillets)
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices apples (to garnish)
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease 1 quart (1L) round baking dish.
- Arrange uncooked chicken breasts in single layer in prepared dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup apple juice, salt and pepper, in a small bowl. Brush all of juice mixture over chicken.
- Apple: Peel if preferred-not mandatory. Cut lengthwise into quarters, remove stem, core and seeds. Chop into 1/2 pieces, place in large bowl.
- Onion: Chop coarsely, toss chopped onion with apple pieces.
- Stir croutons, raisins, brown sugar, curry, poultry seasoning and garlic powder into apple-onion mixture. Toss with remaining 3/4 cup apple juice.
- Spread crouton mixture over chicken.
- Cover with foil or lid; bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Garnish if desired.