1/4 Photos of Apple Curry Chicken
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A different chicken dish! I've also taken the 'crouton' mixture, and used it for stuffing a roasted bird--also excellent. Don't worry about being too exact with 3/4 and 1/8 teaspoons, I just throw it in by feel. also, curry powder, poultry seasoning, you get different brands and types in different countries, use a mild to medium curry powder, whatever you prefer. From "Cooking Class Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, split (or use four de-boned fillets)
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices apples (to garnish)
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease 1 quart (1L) round baking dish.
- 2Arrange uncooked chicken breasts in single layer in prepared dish.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup apple juice, salt and pepper, in a small bowl. Brush all of juice mixture over chicken.
- 4Apple: Peel if preferred-not mandatory. Cut lengthwise into quarters, remove stem, core and seeds. Chop into 1/2 pieces, place in large bowl.
- 5Onion: Chop coarsely, toss chopped onion with apple pieces.
- 6Stir croutons, raisins, brown sugar, curry, poultry seasoning and garlic powder into apple-onion mixture. Toss with remaining 3/4 cup apple juice.
- 7Spread crouton mixture over chicken.
- 8Cover with foil or lid; bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 9Garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 305.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g